Garmin maps are generally used for navigating routes, finding short and right routes, etc. So, Garmin releases new updates to improve destinations, to add new locations, and even improves other features like voice guides. Sometimes, while downloading updates users experience some kind of error messages like “There was an error installing the update” or “There was an error installing the content”. So, if you’re facing these types of errors then, follow the points mentioned below to fix Garmin Maps Download errors at the earliest.
- Ensure that you have the latest version Garmin express installed.
- Make sure that you have at least 20GB of free space on your computer or laptop.
- Prefer updating your maps when you have a high-speed internet connection. Don’t update your maps with mobile hotspots, fixed wireless, or dial-up Internet connections as they will take lots of time to update and will even cross your internet limit too as they are metered connection.
- Try disabling internet security/Firewalls. This may fix your issue.
- Restart your Wi-Fi router or turn off your router and turn it on again after 1 minute.
- Check if any virtual private network activated. If you have then, deactivate it as it can interfere with Garmin servers.
- Try running Garmin express as an administrator For Windows OS.
- Lastly, if none of these tips work, then uninstall Garmin and then reinstall it again.